The Gasthof Eichhof, at that time still Waldgasthof zur Eiche, was built in 1909 as an accommodation and restaurant for those looking for relaxation from near and far.
The Viennese businessman Leopold Stöger acquired this farm and land in the mid-1930s and restored this property to one of the most famous excursion destinations in the vicinity of the city of Innsbruck.
Immediately after the turmoil of World War II, Leopold Stöger, together with his growing sons Kurt & Herbert, began to reopen the Eichhof as accommodation for holiday guests.
Karl Stöger, grandson of Leopold Stöger, has owned and managed the Eichhof and its land with his family since 2003.
Today, the Eichhof is what we call “Innsbruck's classic excursion” and also accommodates holiday guests from up to 40 different nations per season.
The Eichhof as a place itself is a large forest clearing on an upstream plateau on the western low mountain range - the combination of meadows, forests and the imposing mountain panorama gives the Eichhof one of the most idyllic locations in the vicinity of the provincial capital Innsbruck. A very large number of walking and hiking trails are located in the immediate vicinity of the inn.
Whether from near or far, whether back then or now, the Eichhof is a place for all people who appreciate, enjoy or want to get to know nature, tranquility and the alpine way of life.